This page is dedicated to common issues surrounding Playables in Luna Playground. If you are experiencing an issue that does not relate to a Luna Playground, consider looking at one of the other pages in this section, which are also listed here.
A lot of times issues can be fixed by simply updating your plugin to the latest version, please make sure to check you are on the latest release version before looking further into this section. More info on how to do this here
This could be happening due to incorrect URLs being detected in the ios/android install links in the Ad Network Settings tab. Example of the error message in Playground below.
- Remove these URLs or change them to the correct format.
This is likely due to a missing value or unsupported character in the Playground.json file.
- Open the Playground.json file from within the playground.zip file. Check that all the title fields have a value (a non-empty string), and that they don’t have any special characters. If so, update the LunaPlaygroundField in your C# code to give the field a title, or remove any non-ascii characters.
This could be due to the video being rendered without square pixels, or due to a Chrome bug surrounding uploading & converting video formats.
- Select 'Keep Original' under the video format drop down.
- When exporting a video from a media encoder (e.g. After Effects) make sure the aspect setting is set to square pixels.
This could potential due to an issue with DoTween causing problems in Playground.
- Duplicate the default version and save it. Then try making the changes to the new saved version.
This is a known issue. There are some discrepancies between how estimates are done in Unity vs the final assets in an html5 playable. This is more likely to happen if there are a lot of image files in a project.
- Download the latest plugin version from your Luna Playground account by clicking on your account name and going to ‘downloads’.
If the estimate and final sizes are still incorrect, try to putting your images into a single atlas file instead of individual files. This will help with overall size optimisation and load times as well.
- Reload the preview window to get the updated aspect ratio.
- Setting the same texture used in the project as the default texture in the replaceable fields tagged as a “LunaPlaygroundAsset” will override the that assets ignoring any kind of flags. Instead use the default texture and assigned to something else.
This may be happening if the same asset is used as a default value for 2 or more LunaPlaygroundAsset fields. As it is using the same asset when one is replaced, the other one cannot be replaced again. Meaning both fields will point to the same asset.
- Duplicate the asset being used for both fields, and assign the duplicate as the default value for one of the 2 fields.