This page is dedicated to common issues surrounding ad networks. If you are experiencing an issue that does not relate to ad networks consider looking at one of the other pages in this section, which are also listed here.
A lot of times issues can be fixed by simply updating your plugin to the latest version, please make sure to check you are on the latest release version before looking further into this section. More info on how to do this here
This is could be due to not add the store links in the settings from Playground.
- Add the store links. (Example below)
- In the HTML file change the code from "mraid.open" to "mraid.openStore".
If you are receiving a notification telling you your URL is not correct and doesn’t lead to your game, it is likely caused by extra parameters included in your store URL.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.upopa.hopelessheroes&hl=en_GB&gl=US has the language and geolocation included at the end (
&hl=en_GB&gl=US), this may end up causing the URL rejection from Unity Ads.
Changing it to
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.upopa.hopelessheroes would likely fix this issue.
- Remove any additional parameters in the URL before uploading your playable - you can do this in the App Settings in Playground.
This is could be because Facebook has not implemented touch so it doesn't detect it.
- Rather than touch, use
This is happening due to neither Facebook or Google supporting events in playable ads, and therefore Luna can’t run dynamic playables on these networks.
- Use a network that supports dynamic playables, a list of which can be found here
This is likely due to the Facebook playable tester still being in Beta, and currently doesn’t work for the zip format (which is used by Facebook).
- Try to test using Facebook Ad Manager instead.
This is likely due to in the new Google playable tester Beta (where developers can upload 5MB playables) there is no click tag, as they ask you not to include any CTA because Google will handle it.
- Try to test the playable using the Google Ads interface instead.
This likely due to Google Ads not supporting video type formats in builds.
- Turn the video in to an image sequence setup instead.
- Enable browser dev tools, and start mobile emulation. Mobile touch emulation will cause the playable touches to behave as intended.
This is because Facebook playables get zipped after exportation and this compression isn't taken into account when the size breakdown is calculated in the plugin window.
- Use the Applovin or IronSource size breakdown option as the benchmark.
This is likely due to issues surrounding the facebook playable preview tool, that we unfortunately don't have any control over.
- Use the Facebook Ad Manager tool instead.
You can find out all you need to know on this here.
This could be due to insights being turned on for Mintegral at the company level, which is not allowed on that platform.
- Disable insights for Mintegral and trigger a rebuild of the version in playground (change something in the version, save, change it back, save), the newly created export should pass tests.You may need to rename the zip file depending on the name of the playable version: “Upload file's name only allows letters, numbers, underscores.”
If your Elements creative uses a video with sound, this is likely causing the QA to fail.
This is probably due to Unity currently not having a callback related to the mute status of a device, which means there is no way to know whether to mute the video if the user has disabled audio. As such this can fail QA. Unity is aware of this and have added it for consideration to their roadmap.
- Upload a muted version of the video used, and replace the one with sound in your creative.
The following error is shown “Upload failed. Please check the formatting rules. Accessed Pangle JS_SDK and calling method is window.openAppStore();”
This is currently an issue seen with a few playable providers and likely a problem with the TikTok upload tester.
Steps to solve:
- Open the built TikTok .html playable file and search (ctrl + f) for this:
- This string should appear in multiple places within the file, replace each occurrence with:
More info on the JS-SDK path can be found on the TikTok support site here.